Thursday, February 19, 2009

Books, Books, Books, Oh! I love thy!

Oh! Happy! Day! Oh! Happy! Day! Oh! Happy! Day!

I went to the bookstore today! I went to the bookstore today! To get some new books, and that is exciting to me. I love books. I hoard books, from children's books to novels to coffee table books. I love BOOKS!!! I really do! I love walking into the bookstore and letting the wall of great bookstore smell hit me as I open the big grand doors! I stop at each display case and let the tips of my fingers be tickled by embossed print on the beautiful books. I love the way the pages smell as I feather through them. I love, love, love love reading books, and buying books, touching books, just being in a bookstore calms me down and makes me instantly happy.

Anyways, to the point: I finally spent my gift certificate to the bookstore today, I purchased 3 books, "Confessions of a Shopaholic" by Sophia Kinsella is one of my favorite author, plus Chad took me to see the movie before I read the book, so by default....I had to get the book!

Then I got "Mother Warriors" by Jenny McCarthy-my passion in life is Autism, and her story is so similar to the many families I have worked with in the past and present. I use to provide private A.B.A. therapy in a clinical and in-home setting. When the economy went bust, I got laid off, that is when My Path in life took me into public education.

Then, I stepped out of comfort zone and got "Matrimony" by, Joshua Henkin. I am excited about this book.



And I got my new subscription to Health today. Ya know I even love it when the person behind the counter puts my books in their shiny bag. I especially love my 20% teachers discount. But anyways, I am totally excited! I have been dancing a happy dance since I got home. OH! and I got a new bike helmet and as soon as I do some research on the fundamentals of new bike seats I will order one. (the bike accessories was my Valentines present)

It really doesn't take much to make me happy! And the ending of my day totally makes up for my crazy life at work. Try chasing 6 kids with autism around a room, I will interrupt myself yelling at one student, to yell at another one.

2 comments:

  1. I often joke that I should have tattoo on my forehead that says, "Do not let this woman into a used bookstore!" We have more books than furniture and I love every one just the same. I love the smell, the feel and the adventure of diving into a new story. Enjoy your new books! I have been hearing about the last one, let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love discount bookstores, to make matters worse I live less than a mile from one. I am pretty excited about Matrimony, I can't wait to start it.

    ReplyDelete