Tuesday, January 5, 2010

facebook 101



Dear Facebook users:

I leave status reports looking for support, sympathy, empathy, great news about my day, or bad news about my day.

Due to inappropriate responses I decided to type up a rule list to status reports.



1) If you are my "real life" friend and you know the situation first hand, use common sense and don't tell the world my detailed problems, when I am speaking in generalities.
example: my student's parent's annoy me. so I leave a comment like, "i wished we could all just get along" dont say, "Oh is Sarah's parents being a pain in the ass again?" -really?

2) Do not compare yourself to me-we are different. Just validate my pains and struggles. I can not do it better than you, or worse than you. Just VALIDATE!
-when I am mentioning a problem don't use that time to compare us. I get it- you can be on that damn elliptical for 30minutes. Excuse the hell outta me for being proud of running 1/2 a mile in 7minutes.
I HAVE 47% LUNG CAPACITY. YOU RUN 1/2 A MILE BREATHING THROUGH A DAMN STRAW-THEN WE CAN COMPARE!!

3) AND DAMN SURE DON'T BRING YOUR BROTHER INTO IT!
"my brother can run 1/2 a mile in 2minutes!" Really? isn't he in prison now? And aren't you obese? Why compare? Really?



Something else I dont understand; why on earth to people text while doing pilates? I will NEVER understand that....

No comments:

Post a Comment