Friday, July 2, 2010

heating pad blunder


The last two weeks have been hard work for me. I am trying to ween myself off my nightly pain medications. I am afraid to report...without any luck. The pain cycle has not been very nice to me. So yesterday I broke down and called my surgeon for advice. Something they mentioned was to switch heat and ice.

So taking his advice, I was laying on the couch with the heating pad placed smack dab in the middle of my chest.
Me: "Chad I think your ancient heating pad may be on the way out....I have this sucker on 5 and its not very warm."
Chad: "Hmmm-on 5 it roasts me. Maybe its the extension cord..."
10minutes later
Me: "Oh. My. God. I am an idiot, I know why the heating pad doesn't seem like its working. I still can't feel my chest!!!
Chad: reaches for my incision, "Holy Crap baby your skin could roast eggs! Take that off!"
Me: "Ohhhh!!! that explains why the cold didn't seem that cold!"

No comments:

Post a Comment