Thursday, August 26, 2010

May the horse be with you!



I am a horse person. I have my career to thank b/c of horses. It all started the day I was working on a ranch, cleaning out stalls and the owner screams, "Hey, come in the round pin with me!" Without fear I hopped the fence and ran to the center of the pin, Glen handed me the lead rope, and I watched the beautiful mystic animal run in circles, I learned so much about behavior. I watched the horse as she ran, mesmerized by her beauty, and Glen would point out the small gestures and explain to me what each meant. From that moment on....I was hooked!


In high school my dad finally broke down and bought me a horse. I worked my ass off so she had a place to live, food to eat, and water to drink. But when I moved away to college I had to sale her...it was either food for her or food for me!!



I even got married in my boots & spurs. I bought those spurs when I was 25 years old. I remember it like yesterday, they were $50 english riding spurs. When I moved away for college my dad insisted that I let him have em. He didn't have them long until I drove back home b/c I was going on a week long riding trip to Palo duro canyon.


When my grandmother died, my mother gave me her entire scarf collection, and recently I went through them I was shocked when I found the most beautiful scarf of a polo player riding a horse. It was like when you buy a house and discover under the ugly green carpet is beautiful wood floors. I am having it framed!!!

I also want to buy one of these prints, but I can't decide which one I like better? Can ya'll help?

No comments:

Post a Comment