Monday, October 25, 2010

ya know what grinds my gears?

I should probably start off with a funny story or something to break the ice after my loooong silence. But here's the deal; I typically speak my mind so here it is:

1) building my body back after surgery is the HARDEST thing I have EVER done. All my abdominal muscles atrophied post op and over the summer. So I have been working on the simplest things, like sitting straight up in bed, or just holding my stomach tight. I had to start at 2 crunches and work my way up. I can do about 10 until it feels like my bar wants to go flying outta my chest. *Progress* I have also started doing bellydancing (b/c it really concentrates on core muscles-which I don't have) I tried running-had to quit b/c it hurt WAAAY too bad. I tried my bike. again, it hurt. So, after speaking to a physical therapist, I have to build my core back so I can suppose myself again, THEN I CAN START ALL THAT HEAVY DUTY CARDIO!

2) Work: welp its going. So far this year I have been wrote up. *sigh* My boss is an idiot.

Speaking of idiots, I work with one. She is wearing me OUT! All day long I have to answer the dumbest of questions. here are some examples.
1) "UM Kristin when Sunny's nose is running...should I clean it?"
2) me: "hey Paula, since your going to make copies, can you make a copy of this worksheet?"
Paula: "UM Kristin, do you want me to make copies of both sides?"
3)It was 90degree's outside today, and windy, "UM Kristin, do you want me to put Sunny's coat on?"
Did I mention this woman has 2 college degrees, and is a certified teacher?

3) It was my birthday! I turned 30. We had a wonderful party here at the house...unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures during the party. But we have pictures leading up to it.

THE TEXAS RANGERS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES! *that is enough about baseball*

4) Dancing with the stars, is starting to annoy me. It has become WAY to gimmicky. You can't dance tango and paso to rock-n-roll songs. Or, tv theme songs. so annoying!

Okay its time for bed.
I hope everyone is doing great...I will try and get some pictures posted soon!




I will leave you with a picture of me, when I lived in the Bahamas. I used to be sooo skinney! Not that I am fat now, but learning to live with my new body...is hard. more on that later!


ps. the bedroom is coming along nicely. just need crown molding/bookcases up. can't wait to show yall, it looks amazing! by far, my favorite room in the house!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I have faith that you will get back to where you want to be! How was your party? We were in Mexico or we would have stopped by! I can not believe you lived in the Bahamas! How cool was that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what were you doing in the Bahamas??? Glad you're mending but sorry to hear it's such hard and painful work....

    ReplyDelete