Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine!!

Well I a jumping on the bandwagon and doing the "Love Story"  Plus, I have never told "OUR LOVE STORY on here.  Figured now was as good a time as any!!

 1. How long have you and your significant other been together? We have been together 5 years, if you don't count the 4 years in high school.


 

2. How did you meet? {What’s your “love” story?}  We met in high school, I was but a meager freshman and he was a sophomore.  One day, a friend grabbed my wrist and drug me against my will to the lower hall by the trophy case and introduced me to a group of guys, but specifically giving the husband a longer introduction.  I didn't think much of it at the time, but we were instantly great friends.  Even in high school he was my rock.  Then it happened. He asked me out on a date, so naturally, I yelled at him and accused him of stalking me. So I ignored him for a while.  Then I started to miss him, so I started hanging out with him.  The he would inevitably ask me out.  I would inevitably yell, miss him, hang out with him...Rinse and repeat this on again off again relationship for 4 years.  
His side of the story is this much sweeter: "I saw this long curly gorgeous brown hair from across the cafeteria.  I knew then that you were 'the one, MY one.'  I watched you for a few days and realized we had a friend in common.  So I went to Amber and asked her to introduce us.  The moment you came up-dragging behind Amber I knew-it sealed the deal that you would be mine."

*insert sponge bob square pants french accent* "12 ywears latah......."

I was finishing up my last summer semester of college.  I was pretty stressed taking 12hrs (taking 12hrs during the summer is intense, fast paced and damn near impossible to pull off-you have to be a glutton for punishment.  It's like a suicide mission, really)  anyways, I heard through the grapevine that he was living and working in the city my college was located working as an engineer.  So either he tracked me down, or I tracked him down, not really sure how that happened, but anyways, one day after class-I showed up on his lawn.  Gave him a giant hug and we've been together ever since!!

 

3. If married, how long have you been married? We have been married for almost 3years.  April 18, 2009 (seems like a lifetime ago)






4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding? It was a small wedding and BIG reception.  We got married in front of immediate family in the Texas Hill Country in a lavender field.  A week later we had a HUGE reception with everyone and their dog.  My dad and uncles cooked up a ton of food.  True to form, I was an hour late to my own reception (luckily everyone at the reception knows me well and my issues with time management, or lack there of.  Even the invitations said, "reception starts around 5ish" again-true to form)



5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?   We do the typical babe/baby. 







6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. His laid back nature.  The way he trusts me.  The way he 'gets' me



7. Tell us how he proposed? Another true to form story.  We were living in the house he grew up in, out in the middle of no-where land, saving money to buy a house.  One morning I dragged my sleepy butt outta bed.  I should have known something was up when he greeted me at the bedroom door.  He said, "I went into town this morning and got you cheerios.  I also got bread" {okay, you have to understand that I had been on a cheerios kick, I ate that cereal the majority of mornings for like 6 months.  I mean sure, every once and a while I would switch it up, but for the most part, I didn't stray from my cheerios routine.} So I scratched my head, and said, "Where's the bread?  I think I'll have toast"  He said, "but I went to town specifically b/c I realized you were out of cheerios"  To which I said, "meh-I want cinnamon toast for breakfast."  The next thing I know, we are arguing, I'm telling him, "he's not the boss of me,"  he's yelling, "eat the damn cheerios" I'm looking for the bread, he's shoving the cheerios box in my face.  Finally, (and rarely) I gave in and had the damn cheerios.  I opened the box and saw that there was a package inside.  Confused I pulled it, scattering cheerios all over the place, I ripped opened the sealed foil/paper package and pulled out a ring box.  By the time I looked up, he was smiling and said, "I told you to eat the damn cheerios."




8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? He's a chocolate cheesecake and star-gazer Lilly bulbs kinda guy.  We are both very pragmatic and I would rather have the plant than the cut flowers.  


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? I would say we are the sunset dinner and beach kind.  We both love being outdoors and have trouble sitting for any period of time. 



10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? No doubt about it-Travel.  Both of us have lived abroad and we have yet to take a trip together.  Not even a honeymoon :( 


11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentines Day? To tell you the truth, I didn't realize it was V-day until an hour after I got home from work.  I have returned to work, but re-assigned to a different special education position and different school.  When you're an elementary teacher, Vday is abundantly clear, but as an intermediate teacher-cards and candy are considered contraband.  So being the worst wife-EVER I forgot all about getting him something or even planning something. Well that's not completely true--I got him a rose bush a couple of weeks ago to plant.  


But true to form; his surprise for me ended up as yet another hopeless persuasion of prompts in a futile attempt to prevent me from ruining my own surprise.   
Him: "what do you want to eat tonight?"
Me: "I dunno"
Him: "Let's go look in the fridge"
Me: okay 
We get up to head to the kitchen and I get distracted and end up laying on the bed.  He comes in and lays next to me.  We talk about our day and the conversation goes back to dinner
Me: "I'm hungry"
Him: "I thought we were going to rummage through the freezers and find something to eat"
Me: "Oh-yay"
Him: "I'll check the deep freezer and you look through that freezer"
For whatever pointless reason, I have all the contents of the freezers and refrigerator committed to memory.  Maybe it's innate.  Maybe my cave dwelling ancestors have my brain pre-programmed to keep up with the amount of twigs and berries we have in stock.  But I wasn't in the mood to rummage through a freezer looking at contents I already knew were there.  So I opened the door, took a quick glance and shut it.  
Him: "Did you find anything?"
Me: "Nope"
Him: "Open it again and look"
*Open. Look.  Shut the door*
Him: *sigh* "Did you look behind the big giant bag of frozen strawberries?"
Me: "Gah-baby, nothing is back there but some ginger chicken"
Him: "Just look"
Pushing aside the big giant bag of frozen strawberries-I found sitting on top of the ginger chicken...A large chocolate cheesecake, then I turned in excitement to see a large tulip plant sitting on the kitchen table!!  


12. Are you asking for anything this Valentines Day? A hand gun.  
 
 
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.  Understanding each others needs.  For example, right now at his work they are processing and entering in data.  So he sits and stares are a computer and calculator all day.  I, on the other hand, am on my feet walking all over a giant school, talking to teachers, teaching kids, yelling at kids, I rarely sit.  So when we get home in the evening, I understand that he wants to be up and around doing things-staying busy.  I, want to sit and savor the silence.  Understanding that we are 2 separate people living our lives together.  I have my own interests, he has his, and we do many things together.


 14. Show us a picture of what love means to you





Unconditional love.  He's my rock in the face of fear.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment