Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I can’t make this stuff up!

My student turns to my aide (who is heavier) and shouts, "African buffalo" she turns to him and asks in her sassy attitude, "did you just call me an African buffalo?" he said, "yes I did"

Oh. My. Goodness ya'll, I was rolling in the floor laughing soooo hard!


************

I have a student that I am desperately trying to teach appropriate vocal tone. He is always screaming, and shouting at the most inappropriate times. So as an example I got up in his face and shouted, "THIS IS AN INAPPROPRAITE VOLUME TO TALK IN THE CLASS….instead, you should talk like this…(and I whispered) {the logic was swinging to the other side of the pendulum and hoping at best he would fall somewhere in the middle of the vocal tone.} So my other aide, Paula, (the woman I think has aspergers and lack of social skills and lack of social cues.) turns to another student and says….in a whisper, "can you pick up your paper?"

I laughed so hard, and turned to Paula and said, "you do realize I was talking to the kid right?"


No comments:

Post a Comment