Monday, June 25, 2012

The tale of a living room




Okay, so we have this oddly shaped living room. As shown in this primitive drawing!!

 
I have struggled with the arrangement of this room.  I know that it was originally designed as the formal dinning room and sitting parlor.  But, we wanted to make it the living room, since it's the first room you see from the front door.


It's this corner of the living room that has been awkward to fill.  We tried putting furniture, but it was just strange when you have company, it seemed like family members were always sitting in the corner.



 So after trying a million different positions, we decided to put the yellow couch along the wall that juts out.

 Then, I spent a lot of time digging around our neighbors antiquie store (how lucky am I?) to find the perfect piece to fill and anchor that wall.

 


  I thought about getting a buffet table, but that was not tall enough and didn't offer enough storage





Then I found this, English Linen press, that was too expensive for me!!




But then out of nowhere, I found this piece and I knew it was meant to be MINE!!



It's not the best picture in the world and next summer we will get wood floors and this room will finally come together.  I will post official after pictures as soon as I finish some more projects (I am using the living room floor to finish a project...)

No comments:

Post a Comment